Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Orgasm and DEEP THROAT????







I will splurge on make-up. Not all of it, but some. I love Chanel Lipgloss, but understand that mascara dries out too quick and stick to Maybelline there.



One thing I have splurged on for YEARS is Nars Blush. First I fell in love with the Cream Blush stick called "Malibu", then it was the Powder Blush named "Orgasm". I read that Julia Roberts wore that (along with Almost Lipstick by Clinique in Black Honey -only color I know that they still make) years ago, and loved it. It has a peach indertone and a small amount of sheen, just to give you the "I go to the gym and am healthy" glow. Its very neutral, so it works with any tone. Last year, I wanted a more "pink" tone, so I switched to "Deep Throat".Where do they come up with these embarrasing names. Obviously I will not be passing these down to Andrea to give her and her friends makeovers. The Colors are great though, and they do give you a "flushed, drink more than enough water, have more than enough sex, with my lovely Husband, because my life is so great"glow that we usually only hear about. I definitly think this splurge, is well worth it at only $25.00. (I hear CoverGirl has a shade similar to Orgasm, if you have heard of it, let me know)


There are of coarse other colors, with less embarrasing names, like Nico,Crazed and Oasis. But these Two are by far my favorites.
I am not a stripper.


Nars claims that their Blush:


Provides a sheer, natural hint of color
Made with transparent pigments to avoid heaviness
Broad selection of shades

3 comments:

  1. Some of the text is hard to read with the background...good post title! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I read the post ---hmmm, the title got me in.
    You're right---you dont need to hand them down to your daughter
    I could just see her friens going home to their Mothers and telling how they learnt about Deep Throat and the big O
    You may just get a phone call from a mother or two

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Orgasm!! I will never forget the first time my mom found out about it though.

    My sister and I were home visiting, and we were getting ready to go shopping together with my mom. I just finished using Orgasm and my mom commented on how pretty my blush was, asking me about it. Now, I can tell my mom alot of things, but telling her I just put a blush called Orgasm on my face? I little TMI.

    My mom, being my mom, relished the moment. She began asking all types of embarrassing questions - is it supposed to look like you just had an orgasm? Stuff like that. We giggled like girls for a while and then my mom did the unthinkable.

    She asked if she could borrow it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete